• Dickson Road

    Road named after Sir John Federick Dickson, Colonial Secretary and then the Administrator of the Straits Settlements circa 1890. This road is within the Little India Conservation District.
  • Tras Street

    Named after a river in the Malayan Peninsula in the 1890's. This street runs parallel to the main Tanjong Pagar Road.
  • Peck Seah Street

    Named after Seah Peck Seah, whose family then controlled the Ngee Ann Kongsi for many years. Peck Seah Street runs parallel to Tras Street and Tanjong Pagar Road.
  • Tanjong Pagar Road

    This area was a fishing village in the 1830's. The Tanjong Pagar Dock Company was established in the 1860's as shipping activities began to bloom. Today this road forms the main area known as the Tanjong Pagar Conservation District.
  • Neil Road

    This street was well known for rickshaw pullers in the late 1800's which prompted the government to build a rickshaw station at the junction of Tanjong Pagar Road and Neil Road know as Jinriksha Station, circa 1903, which is conserved today within the Tanjong Pagar Conservation District.
  • Craig Road

    This street named after Captain James Craig, a member of the Merchant Service Guild and an officer of a club known as the Freeman's Zetland Lodge. Today, The Pinnacle @ Duxton, an award winning public housing project, towers behind this row of conserved shophouses.
  • Murray Street

    Named after Colonel Murray, an engineer and surveyor general for the Straits Settlements. Today, a row of beautifully restored Art-deco style shophouses stands majestically visible from Maxwell Road.
  • Duxton Hill

    In the 1800's this area was a nutmeg plantation. This area used to be homes for the wealthy Straits Chinese. Today you will find classy restaurants and commercial offices in this hilltop enclave.
  • Amoy Street

    This street named after Chinese immigrants from Amoy in China during the days of Sir Stamford Raffles, circa 1820's. Today this street is part of the Telok Ayer Conservation District. As the location is close to Singapore's Financial District, you will find a variety of restaurants, showrooms and business offices occupying the two rows of conserved shophouses of varying styles.
  • Club Street

    In the late 1800's and early 1900's this area was well know for the concentration of Chinese Clubs, Associations and Clan houses. That's how Club Street got its name. Today it's a venue for upmarket restaurants and chill-out joints. A place to be and be seen!
  • Ann Siang Road

    Named after Chia Ann Siang who bought that plot of land which was then known as Gemmill's Hill, after John Gemmill. This area was originally known as Scott's Hill, named after the land owner, Charles Scott, who cultivated nutmegs and cloves in this area.
  • River Valley Road

    This road got its name as a river, now known as the Singapore River, that runs through a valley between Fort Canning Hill and Pearl's Hill. Today, you will find a good mix of historical shophouses, condominiums and commercial buildings on this prime district land.
  • Bukit Pasoh Road

    In Malay “bukit” means hill and “pasoh” means pot. This road is on a hill and the area was known where earthernware pots were made. The top of the hill forms a junction with Neil Road and the Outram MRT station is located near the foot of this hill.
  • Emerald Hill Road

    Located in a pocket, right in the heart of Singapore's Shopping Belt, Orchard Road. This area used to be a nutmeg plantation in the 1840's owned by William Cuppage. In the early 1900's, more terrace houses were built on both sides of the street. Today it's among the most beautiful conservation shophouse streets in Singapore.
  • Duxton Road

    Duxton Road was a popular parking venue for rickshaw pullers as it is just a stone's trow away from the Jinriksha Station at the junction of Neil Road and Tanjong Pagar Road. Opium houses, brothels and gambling dens were among the trades which established their businesses here.
  • Stanley Street

    This street is one of the last streets to be laid out in Chinatown following the completion of the Telok Ayer Land Reclamation Scheme in the early 1890's. This row of shophouses, with predominantly Chinese influence were built circa 1895.
  • Gemmill Lane

    Located just at the foot of Club Street, Gemmill Lane was named after John Gemmill, an auctioneer, who presented a drinking fountain, made of marble for the public's use and was placed in Empress Place then.
  • Blair Road

    This road was named after Captain John Blair, a manager of the Tanjong Pagar Dock Company in the early 1880's. This road, consisting of two rows of predominantly residential shophouses in part of the Blair Plain Conservation District.
  • Spottiswoode Park Road

    Named after Charles Spottiswoode, the shophouses on this road today forms part of the Blair Plain Conservation District.